GU Oncology Now produces original content from reputable sources and key opinion leaders. Our editorial staff is required to provide correct sourcing for the articles they develop, and for all accompanying images, to avoid copyright infringement; and just as importantly, as not to betray the trust of our readers.
Examples of original content produced by GU Oncology Now include:
- News articles. Our editors diligently perform searches of peer-reviewed medical journals to report on recent, relevant studies related to genitourinary oncology.
- Commentary. GU Oncology Now produces original commentary pieces that opine on a relevant topic for our readership. The views and opinions expressed in these articles are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of GU Oncology Now or Mashup Media, LLC.
- Video. We record, edit, and publish original video content with experts in genitourinary oncology, including roundtable discussions of genitourinary oncology topics or interviews with presenters at major medical meetings. GU Oncology Now retains proprietary rights over these videos unless otherwise granting permission to a third-party entity. All interviewees should be aware that GU Oncology Now retains the right to use this video content at our discretion and enters into non-binding, non-legal understanding that certain sponsored videos may take precedence in publishing expediency. However, all videos receive the highest level of care in editing, with an emphasis placed on posting each one in a timely, responsible manner.
- Podcasts. GU Oncology Now partners with Drs. Brian Rini and Thomas Powles to produce The Uromigos podcast, which adheres to the same standards of editorial integrity and excellence as our other content.
Licensed and Third-Party Content
Part of our mission to uphold the highest level of editorial integrity is to honor the rights of third-party content, defined in this context as any content that has not been developed by GU Oncology Now. Our editorial staff often oversees the inclusion of such third-party content, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Internet images
Our policy directs that our editors provide either proper attribution for any third-party sources, and/or obtain written permission from the copyright owner, excluding image retrieval from paid subscription sites (such as Getty Images) and sites that house images considered to be in the public domain.
When attributing information, GU Oncology Now requires that our editors and contributors:
- Disclose any conflicts of interest
- Verify the validity of all the sources when using information from social media
- Include where possible a source’s business, professional, and personal affiliations
- Attribute news to reputable, third-party sources, when necessary, preferably through direct mention or at the very least through linking to the original source
- Clearly state a source/opinion leader’s qualifications for speaking on the topic at hand
The GU Oncology Now editorial staff strives to present all information accurately. When human error occurs, we encourage our readers/sponsors to reach out so that we might rectify the errors expeditiously.
That process is as follows:
- The authoring editor is notified of a factual error in a story or video and will redress that error forthwith via our content management system or, if needed, through collaboration with our digital team
- Once said correction is made, the editor is responsible for adding text to the bottom of the content piece to clarify what alterations/changes have been made
- The article date is only changed if the story has required marked changes or undergone internal medical review
- The party who pinpointed the error/s is notified of the change and provided a URL of the updated content piece
Additionally, our editorial staff is required to never, under any circumstances, intentionally misrepresent facts or otherwise write in bad faith or exhibit clear biases.
We reaffirm our stance as impartial arbiters of truth and balance in medical reporting.
We welcome your feedback and contributions. Please contact the editorial staff at email@example.com.